- This event has passed.
The Rule states:
“It is essential that the Society continually promote the formation and training of its members and Officers, in order to deepen their knowledge of the Society and their spirituality, improve the sensitivity, quality and efficiency of their service to the poor and help them be aware of the benefits, resources and opportunities that are available for the poor.” (Rule: Part 1, 3.12)
Consider becoming a member of SVDP Rhode Island’s formation team by becoming a formator/presenter. Ray and Pat Sickinger will be presenting a two-phased formator training beginning February 4th. Event Location TBD.
If you are interested in attending the training and becoming a formator/presenter, please read the information and qualifications below, and reach out to Renee’ at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Qualifications for Formators/Presenters
To become either a formator or presenter a person must be:
- an active member of a conference
- Experienced in Home Visits
- a Vincentian for at least five years
- an enthusiastic, confident speaker
- comfortable with both lecture and discussion/dialogue
- committed to sticking to the agenda (both material to be presented and time allotted)
- able to use PowerPoint or willing to learn
- available to present on Saturday or on several weekday evenings with advanced notice.
Phase 1 of Formation Training
is a day-long workshop that begins developing Vincentians to provide essential formation training to members such as the Ozanam Orientation. The workshop will explore the nature and purpose of formation, servant leadership, Vincentian Spirituality, and the roles of trained formators and presenters. The workshop will also acquaint participants with the structure and topics of the Ozanam Orientation.
Phase 2 of Formation Training (TBD)
involves a day-long practice session. Participants will present a segment(s) of the Ozanam Orientation and receive feedback before they present it to others.